Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekly Reflection #1 EDTL230.2008.M008

This week we learned about nothing . . . just kidding! This week was the first class, so it was mostly introductions and a few jokes. We did have a neat lab, which I coined “PC vs. Mac”, and I learned a few new features on Apple’s OS X. It’s really not such a bad system; I just prefer the organization style of Windows (having the start menu and taskbar, for example). I enjoyed the lab and I thought it was well prepared because it gave me the chance to judge Macs from a more specific set of features. I think the lab was also important to my future because I know of many school districts which own predominantly Mac-brand desktops and notebooks. Thus, it’s important for me to be prepared for having to utilize either kind of computer in my future classroom. One of the things I’ve learned about being an educator is that the more versatile you are, the better chance of securing a job you will have, and I’m sure that includes technological knowledge as well. So in essence, I believe this class will only add to my list of skills and traits which can help me to be a better educator someday.

No comments: